Information Technology at University Health is home to cutting edge resources, knowledgeable and certified staff and a robust infrastructure. While the campus was already undergoing significant improvements in networking and storage capabilities, the full implementation of the EPIC electronic medical records project in 2011 pushed the IT department into the next dimension. Our IT department consists of nearly 100 staff members including analysts and technicians.
- Revenue Cycle and Financial Support offers systems development and support across many University Health Departments. Although this group’s assistance is available to all, its focus is related to maintaining the function and availability of applications related to patient registration, care documentation, and billing. At the same time, this group supports the Enterprise Resource Planning system, which provides a financial and accounting system, supply chain management, and other resources key to the hospitals success.
- The Program Office provides a team of project managers, data analysis and reporting professionals. This team assists virtually every other department in the UH system. After helping with system selection and evaluation, this group oversees the implementation of new software projects, from system build to go-live. Secondly the reporting team is responsible for maintaining current and historical data, both clinical and non-clinical, and provides on-going access to it for the end users. The group is available to help end users of data establish what it is they are looking for, and then to help them find it. This core group also provides many dashboards that can be used for operational and strategic decisions related to University Health’s operation.
- Clinical Applications is the IT department that services inpatient clinical technologies. We support the inpatient EMR, Radiology and Laboratory technologies.
- Pelican Technical Infrastructure/Server Group: Manages all aspect of Epic and Legacy server groups. This encompasses, Epic-E.H.R. System-Citrix Environment, Database, Enterprise Storage, Clinical Information Systems, Email, Virus and Malware protection.
- Networking: Maintains all aspects of Cisco wired Local Area Network (LAN), as well as Aruba Wireless Network; Firewall, Wide Area Network (WAN) and Internet connectivity.
- Security: Provisioning for all employees, Account Setup and Onboarding, Compliance and Legal aspects of University Health computers and connectivity.
- End User Support: Triage as well as immediate Help Desk services for end user support with Epic as well any other daily tasks such as software support and installation, password help, PC replacement and personal device setup.
- EAC Site Services provides all aspects of IT support for the University Health Conway facility. Working together with the corporate IT groups, provides end user support for software and hardware, manages the local wired and wireless networks, and maintains its own server environment. Coordinates end user security. Provides EPIC and legacy system reporting. Handles all video presentations and conferences.
- Physician Systems is responsible for the EHR applications that encompasses all phases of the patient’s outpatient clinic visit – including but not limited to the following:
- Appointment scheduling
- Clinic check-in / registration
- Clinician ordering / documentation
- Clinic check-out
- Physician billing
The group remains heavily involved with UH operational management analyzing outpatient workflows to ensure technology plays a major role in improving the overall patient experience.