Apple Mobile Devices
Devices older than and including the iPhone 3G and the iPod Touch 2nd Generation are no longer supported by Apple and therefore no longer supported by University Health. However, you may still access webmail by clicking on this link: University Health Webmail.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Wifi.
- Select the LSUHEALTH network.
- Enter your username as uhsystem\username.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Join.
- When prompted to accept the security certificate, tap Accept.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your uhsystem.com email address.
- Enter your email password.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Continue to verify the server identity.
- For Server, enter mail.uhsystem.com.
- For Domain, enter uhsystem.
- Enter your userid (ie. ab1234567).
- Enter your password.
- Tap Next.
- When you have all checks, tap Done.
Android Mobile Devices
Android devices differ between manufacturers and not all devices may work or may be supported. The below instructions should work with most Android devices.
- Tap on the LSUHEALTH network.
- Tap Configure or Modify network config.
- For EAP Method, select PEAP.
- For Phase 2 Authentication, select MSCHAPv2.
- For Identity, enter your username as uhsystem\username. (Ex: uhsystem\aa6000123)
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Leave all other fields as they are.
- Tap Connect or Save (and then tap Connect to network).
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the Accounts and sync tab.
- Tap add account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Activesync.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com and account password and tap Next.
- If auto-setup fails to detect settings automatically, you may have to select Edit details to enter settings manually.
- Now you need to enter your exchange username in the form of domain\username then enter your account password if it is not auto-filled from step 3. The correct format is uhsystem\username (Ex: uhsystem\aa6000123).
- Next you need to enter your exchange server name. This should be mail.uhsystem.com
- Also remember to check the box next to Use Secure Connection (SSL) then tap Next or Done. (Note: you may also need to check Accept all SSL certificates).
- Continue configuring the remaining options as desired then tap Next. These options should be how often the email is checked, the amount that should be synchronized, to sync contacts from the account in question and whether or not to notify the user when new mail arrives.
- Tap Ok and Activate as prompted.
- Assign an account name if desired.
- Tap Done.
Other devices are not supported by LSU Health Shreveport. However, you may still access E-mail using webmail by clicking on this link: LSU Health Webmail.
Other devices might be able to connect to the LSUHEALTH Wifi. Open your Wifi settings on the device and select LSUHEALTH. The Security Type should be WPA2-Enterprise. Enter your username in the following format: lsumc-master\username. Then, enter your password. This is the same password as your e-mail. If you fail to connect, try again to be sure the password wasn’t mistyped. If you continue to fail to connect, you may need to install the Wifi certificates. You may download them by clicking on this link: Wifi Certificates. You will need to find instructions for installing these certificates for your specific mobile device. LSU Health Shreveport does not have these instructions.